Friday, July 22, 2011

Insomniac

Once again I am finding myself unable to sleep. I can trace it back to starting back at work a year ago. Working double shifts three times a week has gotten my clock all screwed up. I can't fall asleep at night and can't wake up at a decent time in the morning. When I do succeed in waking up before the kiddies, I end up pulling an insane amount of waking hours. This evening I have already uploaded my most recent wedding's proofs, cleaned out the fridge and freezer (whilst waiting for said proofs to upload), combed Craigslist for places to live in Austin (my newest coping mechanism...it always makes me happy), washed dishes (I have more to wash now that I cleaned out the refrigerator), and now I'm blogging through my delirium waiting for more photos that I've taken of the family goings on this week to share on this here blog (insert countryfied accent here). All the while, I am dead tired but for some reason I keep on going. In part, I keep going because I'm afraid I won't have the energy or time to do any of these things later so I should strike while the iron is hot. Only, I'm not so hot right now. I may just pass out right here on these keys. I should really go to bed. That's something I've said so much lately. I've said it on nights like these, when I haven't noticed the time passing until the sun rises then I try to force myself to sleep until the kids "wake me up." This sounds so much like complaining, and maybe I am. Normalize, balance, contain the chaos. What to do? What to do? There is no way I'm posting a coherent blog tonight. This is all I have in me...maybe it is time I put on my p.j.s and gave sleeping a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment