Monday, October 5, 2009

DAY 8...The Fast is Broken

Days 6 and 7 were pretty mellow, except for me getting cold on day 6 and not warming up until tonight (After an extended lunch and shopping trip at WFM I was FREEZING for 3 days...me or WFM? We'll never know.) This morning Alex let me sleep in because I wasn't feeling so hot. I didn't wake up until nearly noon and all alone, Alex had taken the little ones to the YMCA (we are discontinuing our membership and of course now he finds time to go...typical). I hadn't had anything to drink, water or lemonade, since last night and I was in bad shape. I was so weak I could barely walk down the stairs. When I got to the bottom all I did was sit there for about 10 minutes. I then crawled to the front entry way and lay on the floor for another 10 minutes. By this time I was completely drenched in sweat, my heart was pounding, and I was FREEZING (not to mention crying...I'm very dramatic). I made it to the couch a few minutes before the family arrived back home (thank goodness they didn't make their planned lunch at McDonald's but came home to eat their leftovers from last night). Alex knew something was wrong, he told me later that I was as white as a ghost when they arrived. He set the kids up for lunch and ran to the corner store to get me some orange juice (what you are supposed to drink for a day to break the fast). So I had about 80 oz. of orange juice today and tried to eat half a can of organic vegan lentil soup for dinner (not the best idea, I should have waited until tomorrow for that). I think I'll be eating just cereal and soup for a few days, at least until the weekend. You would think that maybe after today and not making to 10 days I'd be down on myself and the Master Cleanse, but I'm not. I really think fasting for a week made significant changes in my life and breaking it early was just a sign that I know when to say when. If I didn't have my two beautiful children to look after tomorrow and the next day I might have soldiered on, but I could not see myself for two more days with them alone going through what I went through today. Alex told me that his days 8 and 9 were very similar, that he felt really weak and was good for nothing then (at the time he did it he literally had nothing to do but hang out around the house for the 10 days, much less have kids to pick up and run after). I had to make the right decision for me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. So, I'll call the Master Cleanse a complete success...who knows if I'll ever do it again, but it has changed the way I look at food and myself.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment