Saturday, February 28, 2009

Long Time No Blog

As I sit here in my horribly messy cluttered living room, I am reminded why I have not blogged in weeks: LIFE sometimes gets in the way of, well, life! We've been hit with a few hard blows and many blessings in the past couple weeks since I last wrote.  I won't bother with the unpleasant happenings, what fun that would be to read! It really is amazing, just when you think you've had enough and can't take anything anymore, God reminds you that he loves you by sending you a special blessing.  Sometimes it isn't a big one, just a little something to keep you in the game, but other times it seems as if the flood gates open.  Our first exciting blessing came in the arrival of Kaisley Reese Hall, the most beautiful baby girl of our friends Michelle and Richard! I have felt the closest to her birth than any other baby I know, third only to the birth of my two, because Michelle and I did ALOT of talking about life & birth after a C-section. I became a little one woman cheering section for Michelle's quest for an all natural VBAC. I am happy to report that we are now sisters in the VBAC tribe! SNAPS for Michelle!  Our next blessing is the one that overflowed the cup: We are going on our VERY FIRST family vacation to Walt Disney World in May! I am very excited. So excited, in fact, that I booked our stay BEFORE our tax return (which is paying for it) has even come in! I've already got dining reservations for all of the 7 DAYS we'll be there! You read right, 7 DAYS! They have this amazing deal right now that if you book a 4 night stay, Disney will pick up the tab for 3 more nights! Whatever you book for those 4 days (room, tickets, meal plan), Disney gives the exact same free for 3 days! It is absolutely awesome and we are so excited. Since I told Ruby, every time she wakes up in the morning or from a nap she asks, "We go to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse today?" I've been meaning to make a calendar for her to mark off the days! 

Since I started this post (3 days ago. . .boy are we busy!) another thing has landed on list of blessings, we have finally got our mess of a house under control. It isn't perfect, but completely livable now! I actually feel like I have more energy since we cleaned & organized! 

I am hoping to get back to blogging every day or two soon! Check back for more about my little tribe and the keen things we do! 

xoxo

1 comment: