Going back to 'cool inventions' I have a few I've been wanting to share with, well, anyone who cares. The first is my super amazing temporal artery thermometer. I put it on our Christmas list after seeing it used at our pediatrician's office. It takes your temperature as accurately as the dreaded rectal probe by processing several temps collected by infrared technology and averaging them out. You just start by placing the end of the thermometer on your babies forehead, depressing the button, and sliding the thermometer into the hairline. It is great!! I've taken Ruby and Elvis's temps while they are sleeping! The second on my list of cool finds is my new PreserveRecycled Food Storage Containers. They are
made from 100% recycled plastic, are BPAfree (a really big deal amongst all of my mom friends), aredishwasher safe, are stackable, are recyclable, and have a really cute green apple design that just so happens to go with what I'm going for in our kitchen! These cute little containers (19 oz & 25 oz) also have a great tagline, "powered by leftovers." LOVE IT!
Notes from today:
1. Ruby apparently knows what "punching" is because she punched Elvis with a closed fist and said "I punch him." Note to self: pay a little more attention to what is going into that little brain of hers!
2. I tried to clean the sliding glass doors while it was lightly raining. . .what is wrong with me?
3. We are going to visit my Dad (aka Gramps) and my Bestie from High School, Ami, tomorrow.
4. Alex brought me 4 cookies, a piece of King Cake (some of the best I've ever had, all it need was a little cream cheese), and a Ginger Ale when he came home from work (no I didn't eat it ALL)! That in addition to the surprise I woke up to, he did the dishes piled up in the kitchen BEFORE he went to work! What an amazing man! GO ALEX!
5. Word to the wise: DO NOT put apple juice in your daily dose of prune juice to make it taste yummier. It does do that, but MUCH MUCH MORE!!!